You are missing our excellent site navigation system. Register here for free and get full operational site navigation system. Benefits of full navigation system: Additional items in "home" menu for registered users, shortcuts to your account managements, quick-shortcut links to download and forum sections, show staffs and members online, notify you for new private messages and shortcut to individual messages grouped by senders, tracking latest forum posts since your last visits and reads, and much more.  
 User:  Pwd:

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
myPFC Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.
Untitled Document
Member Info

[ Register Here ]
[ Lost Password ]

Membership:
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Waiting User(s): 0
Total Members: 1,667
Latest User:
Ashfaqur47

Most Ever Online:
Member(s): 0
Guest(s): 149
Search Bots: 1
Total: 150

Online Stats:
Member(s): 0  -  0%
Guest(s): 5  -  100%
Search Bots: 0  -  0%
Total Online: 5

You must register to interact with Members
Untitled Document
Navigation

Main
 Home
News & Media Team
 -=PFC=- Forums
 -=PFC=- Impressum
 -=PFC=- Mobile View
 -=PFC=- News Archiv
 -=PFC=- News Topics
 -=PFC=- YOUTUBE
 Your Account
myPFC
 -=PFC=- Donations
Servers Live on Air
 -=PFC=- Game Admin Log
 -=PFC=- Live Viewer
 -=PFC=- Mapcycle
MappingTeam
 -=PFC=- Downloads
Tournament
 -=PFC=- Event Calendar
Admin Crew [INTERNAL]
MappingTeam [INTERNAL]

Untitled Document
-=PFC=- Software

FH 1 Software made for YOU!

Click below for EXE file

Click below for RAR compressed file

Click below for XP files

SUPPORT:

Untitled Document
-=PFC=- Mappack Maps

Click me for ALL FH-1 Maps! 
Maps sorted by:
Nr. of maps:
» MappingTeam

» Fanmappack 7

» Standard FH 0.7

» Fanmappack 6

» Fanmappack 5

» Fanmappack 6 inofficial

Untitled Document
-=PFC=- Shoutbox

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Pixel-Fighter Community :: View topic - Windows 10 HOWTO install FH

Main  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups
Profile  •  Awards  •  Members List  •  Private Messages
Arcade  •  Attachments  •  Buddy List  •  Ranks  •  Rules
Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Staff  •  Favorites  •    •  Watched Topics

Forum

Windows 10 HOWTO install FH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pixel-Fighter Community Forum Index -> Support & Help - Area -> Windows 7 & 8 & 10 & XP Printable Version

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carling72
Technician Fifth Grade
Technician Fifth Grade

Medals: None
43.14 Reichsmark RM
45 US-Dollar $
43 GB-Pound £
41 Yen ¥
42 Finmark FM

Items

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:37 am    Post subject: Windows 10 HOWTO install FH Reply with quote Scroll Down to Next postGo to last Post of Page

Hello to all, here is my problem : crash to desktop when loading a map ! I haven't found the solution yet and it starts to feel hopeless.

I have installed BF1942 on my new Windows 10 laptop and it works fine with a v1.612 retail patch. But FH doesn't.

I have tried to fix it by changing the compatibility parameters, to no avail. My "Direct Play" button is activated and I tried the "Java runtime environment 32 bits" program (suggested by sgt_garcia), without more success.

Have I miss something in the setup procedure ? Is it a patch problem ? I'm not even sure what's the newest patch to date.

Anyway, help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks !

Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused

Grabbi
FH-1 Ranking Developement

Medals: 11 (View more...)
Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse (Amount: 1) Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber (Amount: 1) Silver Star (Amount: 2) Verwundetenabzeichen G. (Amount: 1) Purple Heart (Amount: 1)
Mention in Dispatches (Amount: 1) Grand Cross of the British Empire (Amount: 1) Military Medal (Army) (Amount: 1) Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse (Amount: 1) Distinguished Flying Medal (Airforce) (Amount: 1)
10709.22 Reichsmark RM
10714 US-Dollar $
10714 GB-Pound £
10714 Yen ¥
10714 Finmark FM

Items

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Go to Top of PageScroll Up to Previous postScroll Down to Next postGo to last Post of Page

ea wont make bf1942 as download again but can get bf1942 for free from here

http://1942mods.com/battlefield-1942/

or

http://www.fi ledropper.com/bf1942hd

or

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B7c GjW31oHh8M0h5WHVwcFl0aEU&export=download

also win 10 no longer got SafeDisc so that means all copy protection is gone you need a new exe to get bf1942 to work anyway

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/08/17/windows-10-safedisc-securom-drm/

but good news the bf1942 community made a fix that give you servers to play online and make bf1942 work on win 10

http://team-simple.org/download/battlefield_1942_gamespy_patch_v1.61.exe

Technician Fifth Grade
Technician Fifth Grade

43.14 Reichsmark RM
45 US-Dollar $
43 GB-Pound £
41 Yen ¥
42 Finmark FM

Items

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Go to Top of PageScroll Up to Previous postScroll Down to Next postGo to last Post of Page

Hi, thanks for the answer, it's working now : it was my mistake, I just un-ticked the compatibility setting on the icon and now it's working !

Can in you tell me if I have to install Gamespy ? I didn't do it when installing Bf1942, I wasn't sure if it was usefull.

Also, why is there so few players on the pixel-fighter server ? It's strange, the last two days, it was only like 2 or 3 players. In my memories (from 5 years ago), it was always full.

Grabbi

Purple Heart (Amount: 1) Military Medal (Army) (Amount: 1) Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse (Amount: 1) Mention in Dispatches (Amount: 1) Verwundetenabzeichen G. (Amount: 1)
Grand Cross of the British Empire (Amount: 1) Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber (Amount: 1) Distinguished Flying Medal (Airforce) (Amount: 1) Silver Star (Amount: 2) Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse (Amount: 1)
10709.22 Reichsmark RM
10714 US-Dollar $
10714 GB-Pound £
10714 Yen ¥
10714 Finmark FM

Items

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Go to Top of PageScroll Up to Previous postScroll Down to Next postGo to last Post of Page

http://master.bf1942.sk/

Waving Goodbye

Technician Fifth Grade
Technician Fifth Grade

43.14 Reichsmark RM
45 US-Dollar $
43 GB-Pound £
41 Yen ¥
42 Finmark FM

Items

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Go to Top of PageScroll Up to Previous postScroll Down to Next postGo to last Post of Page

That's great, thanks very much !

Another thing please : I noticed something strange, after I installed the Fanmappack 7, the game wasn't working anymore (didn't even lauched).

I deteled it and now it's working again. How is it possible ? I'll have a big problem if I can't play all the maps Sad .

Grabbi

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber (Amount: 1) Verwundetenabzeichen G. (Amount: 1) Distinguished Flying Medal (Airforce) (Amount: 1) Grand Cross of the British Empire (Amount: 1) Purple Heart (Amount: 1)
Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse (Amount: 1) Mention in Dispatches (Amount: 1) Silver Star (Amount: 2) Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse (Amount: 1) Military Medal (Army) (Amount: 1)
10709.22 Reichsmark RM
10714 US-Dollar $
10714 GB-Pound £
10714 Yen ¥
10714 Finmark FM

Items

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Go to Top of PageScroll Up to Previous postScroll Down to Next postGo to last Post of Page

if it doesnt start anymore u missed to unpack the maps in the right level folder i guess

Technician Fifth Grade
Technician Fifth Grade

43.14 Reichsmark RM
45 US-Dollar $
43 GB-Pound £
41 Yen ¥
42 Finmark FM

Items

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Go to Top of PageScroll Up to Previous postScroll Down to Next postGo to last Post of Page

Is it not "EA GAMES > Battlefield 1942 > Mods > FH > Archives > bf1942 > levels" ?

Grabbi

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse (Amount: 1) Verwundetenabzeichen G. (Amount: 1) Military Medal (Army) (Amount: 1) Grand Cross of the British Empire (Amount: 1) Mention in Dispatches (Amount: 1)
Silver Star (Amount: 2) Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber (Amount: 1) Distinguished Flying Medal (Airforce) (Amount: 1) Purple Heart (Amount: 1) Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse (Amount: 1)
10709.22 Reichsmark RM
10714 US-Dollar $
10714 GB-Pound £
10714 Yen ¥
10714 Finmark FM

Items

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Go to Top of PageScroll Up to Previous post

Windows 10 Won't Run Games Using SafeDisc Or Securom DRM

Graham Smith

Editor-in-chief

17th August 2015 / 7:30PM

Windows 10 won’t run games that employ SafeDisc or certain versions of Securom DRM, rendering hundreds of old disc-based games potentially unplayable without complex workarounds. Games which used these forms of DRM range from Crimson Skies to Grand Theft Auto 3, Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 to the original The Sims. Yet despite this change coming in Windows 10, blame can’t likely be placed at Microsoft’s feet. For one, SafeDisc is notoriously insecure and Microsoft’s decision to block it from their new operating system will likely protect more users than it hurts.

More details below.

This issue was touched upon by Microsoft’s Boris Schneider-Johne at this year’s Gamescom. The video is in German, but in the segment at the timestamp linked above he says:

“Everything that ran in Windows 7 should also run in Windows 10. There are just two silly exceptions: antivirus software and stuff that’s deeply embedded into the system needs updating – but the developers are on it already – and then there are old games on CD-Rom that have DRM. This DRM stuff is also deeply embedded in your system, and that’s where Windows 10 says “sorry, we cannot allow that, because that would be a possible loophole for computer viruses.” That’s why there are a couple of games from 2003-2008 with Securom, etc. that simply don’t run without a no-CD patch or some such. We can just not support that if it’s a possible danger for our users. There are a couple of patches from developers already, and there is stuff like GOG where you’ll find versions of those games that work.”

There are also specific reports of users encountering this problem. For example, according to user Gamboleer on the Microsoft support forum, the SafeDisc issue relates to the file SECDRV.SYS. This file is present on older versions of Windows but isn’t in Windows 10 and attempts to run the file, or the games that depend on it, fail.

PCGamesHardware.de reached out to Rovi Corporation, the creators of SafeDisc, for a statement regarding the incompatibility. There’s no direct quote from Rovi and again the resulting story is in German, but translated into English the “update” section at the top reads:

“Safedisc DRM hasn’t been supported for a few years now, and the driver has consequently not been updated for some time. Microsoft should have migrated the existing software since Windows 8. We don’t know if that’s still possible with Windows 10 or if they simply didn’t care about it.”

It seems more likely, based on Schneider-Johne’s comments above, that it was a deliberate choice to exclude SafeDisc. The software was one of a number of on-disc digital rights management solutions employed by PC game publisher and developers in the early ’00s in an effort to stop piracy and it was a pain even then. Eventually a security hole was discovered in November 2007 which allowed for “elevation of privilege” and for attackers to execute unrestricted kernel-level code, effectively taking complete control of a PC. This security flaw was patched by Microsoft, but the problems it caused became part of the Electronic Frontier Foundation’s arguments against DRM.

You may also like…

Monster Hunter: World unleashes Kulve Taroth on PC this weekend

One of the megabig monsters only seen in Monster Hunter: World events on consoles so far will make her PC debut this wee…

Despite this arguably being good for security, it’s still bad for people who want to easily play old favourites. In many cases, official patches may have already removed the need for disc checks, but otherwise you might need to resort to dual-booting into an older version of Windows, riskily (and ironically) looking for a no-CD crack to remove the check, re-purchasing the game from a digital distributor that employs modern or no DRM such as GOG.com, or test-signing for the SafeDisc driver yourself. This last option is the fiddliest, but legal and free: you can download software which will apparently do it or learn how to do it yourself. If you choose this route it’ll leave a watermark, though you can also read how to remove that here.

I wouldn’t blame Windows 10 for this, but it’s another example of the harm done by restrictive or draconian DRM.

Thanks to reader Marcus Hoffmann for the tip and Thomas Faust and Martin Vigneron for the German to English translations.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pixel-Fighter Community Forum Index -> Support & Help - Area -> Windows 7 & 8 & 10 & XP Printable Version All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: